BASCA is a member’s organisation for operators of self-catering properties in the Bath area. BASCA also uses the style ‘Bath Self Catering’ on its website and in other marketing information.
BASCA is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as a data controller, the registration number is ZA054771.
BASCA collects, processes, and stores two categories of personal data:
- Membership Data. We collect contact information, including names, email addresses and telephone numbers of members and those enquiring about membership.
- General Public. Via its website, BASCA offers an enquiry service to the public that allows enquiries to be made to a BASCA member via a contact form. BASCA stores the name, email address, telephone number and any travel dates required.
BASCA collects, processes, and stores personal information using the following lawful basis for this activity:
- Membership data is collected, processed, and stored to facilitate the operation of a membership organisation.
- Members of the public who make an enquiry via the Bath Self Catering website are asked for specific consent to forward their enquiry to the relevant member. Without this consent the information is not collected, and the enquiry is not forwarded to the member. A record of all enquires made to the Bath Self Catering website is retained to support administration of BASCA (to create analytics data relevant to the enquiry system).
- A member of the public may also explicitly consent for their information to be circulated amongst the membership if the original member is not able to accommodate them. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that information about an enquiry is not forwarded if the enquirer has not given this consent.
BASCA only retains data for as long as it is needed to fulfil its purpose of collection:
- Membership data is retained for as long as the member concerned remains a full or associate member of BASCA.
- Membership enquiry data is retained until the enquirer becomes a member, in which case the data becomes member data. If the enquirer does not pursue membership of BASCA following their enquiry, the member enquiry data is deleted after six months.
- Public enquiry data is retained within the website. It is the responsibility of the BASCA member to delete the enquiry data once the enquiry has been handled. However, irrespective of member action, enquiry data is automatically purged six weeks after the date of the enquiry.
- For members, a cookie is used to store login data (an encrypted token) to simplify the interface for members. This cookie will expire after two weeks.
- For all other users a small number of cookies are used to facilitate the use of the site and support the property search function. These cookies do not contain any personal data, just the details of any search that is made. These cookies expire either when the site is exited or within a few hours. Website users may choose to exclude these settings by changing the settings of their web browser; the website may not perform optimally if this is done.
Sharing Personal Information
All information collected by the website from the General Public is used to provide the search service used by the website and facilitate communication with BASCA members.
BASCA only shares your information with members and does not share any information with third parties.
BASCA member information may be shared with directly affiliated organisations (e.g. PASC, Visit Somerset) to further the aims of the affiliation. BASCA member information is shared with affiliated organisations on the basis that it is not shared with any third parties.
Any person who has personal information collected and processed by the website has the right to know:
- The information collected;
- The reason for collection;
- The details of any information shared with third parties (including BASCA members).
Any person who has personal information collected and stored by the website has the right:
- To have the information deleted;
- To correct any inaccuracies in the data.
The BASCA website is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
BASCA, C/O Withy Mills Farm, Timsbury Bottom, Timsbury, Bath BA2 0EY.
Policy reviewed and updated 23/12/2020