WHO ARE WE? WHY BOOK WITH US?
Who are we at BASCA, the Bath Area Self Catering Association?
- We are a group of local holiday property owners, who love the area we live in and want our guests to enjoy a memorable stay that lives up to their expectations in our beautiful region.
Why book with a BASCA member?
- All our properties have been inspected – either by Quality in Tourism (for Visit England), the AA or by a BASCA committee member. There are no fakes on our website!
- We believe in high standards. BASCA properties range from rustic country cottages to luxurious city centre apartments with many variations in between but you can be sure that every BASCA owner aims high and tries his or her very best to be the top of their class.
- We all meet regularly to exchange ideas and experiences, as we all aim to keep improving. No BASCA member is anonymous!
- BASCA is a local association of holiday home owners. If you stay in one of our properties, you know that the property owner actually lives in the area – maybe not in the same building/estate but certainly within a very short drive of where you are enjoying your holiday.
- All BASCA owners manage their own properties. Many of us have trusted and reliable people helping us (for example with cleaning) but no BASCA property is run by an agency.
- Use our referral service. If your first choice property isn’t available for your dates, we will send a request out to all our members for you (with your permission, of course) and anyone with suitable availability will contact you directly, so you reach us all with only one message.
How to book
- Book directly with the owner from the individual property page by sending an email, phoning or clicking through to the owner’s website (many owners take online bookings from their own sites so you can make a confirmed booking at any time of day or night).